Friday, January 13, 2012

Oct. 1 - Spokane

 Next stop was Spokane, WA, on our way west.  Not much exploration or dilly-dallying anymore.  Not until we could get the truck fixed, so we were pretty much head down and headed for the Ford dealership in the Burlington area.  We don't really like one-night stands though, so stayed two nights here.  Turns out that was two nights too many for this RV park!  Alderwood RV Resort.  A pretty enough place and if you have a tiny (esp. narrow!!!) rig, I'd say it'd be a fine stopover, except...  The owner's a liar!!  So I can't recommend this place AT ALL!!  I'd seen some reviews that said the sites were too narrow, so I asked the guy on the phone about this.  He claimed up and down that those reviewers were wrong and that his sites were just fine.  Well, look for yourself!  Does it look plenty wide to you??  NO!!!!  Our slide-outs were up against bushes, and scratchy, prickly bushes and trees at that!  To walk from one end of the rig to the other, you had to walk through a neighboring site!  You couldn't squish past the bushes alongside our rig - unless you wanted to be a bloody mess!  So to anyone considering staying here?  I'd say look elsewhere!

 With a dying truck and a dying camera, our outings were pretty limited, but we did manage to limp our way to the grocery store, and to this cat zoo (the "Cat Tales Zoological Park").  I wasn't always sure what kind of photos/focus I'd end up with because of the strange goings-on inside my camera and viewfinder, but some photos turned out fine despite all that nonsense.  Don't you just want to cuddle with these cutie youngsters?!!  No?  Well, yeah, probably not a good idea (unless you knew them better, or more to the point, unless they knew you better!!).  But dang they're cute!  Look just like angels when they're sleeping, yeah?!

 A man and his mountain lions.  

 Self-explanatory.
(no, there weren't any loose cats, but I don't think they wanted folks getting them all riled up anyways!)

 I think overall the cats probably had it pretty good here, but life can still have its boring moments, esp. when you're in a cage!!!!

 Not a boring moment.  This big guy was doing the best snuggling he could through chain link!

And cats are...well, cats.  No matter the size or species.

1 comment:

  1. I think that site was built with my Trek in mind. If I put the awning out we'd be sitting in that tree.

    ReplyDelete