Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teeny tour of the Anacortes area



 One of the few days/times when there was a bit of sun and warmth!  This is from a lookout that gives a pretty good view of the town of Anacortes.





 Mt. Baker with an interesting cloud over it.

 Town plantings showing off their fall colors.

 Bill sharing the view from atop Mt. Erie (still on Fidalgo Island and south of town), looking out at all the islands, lakes, bays, and ocean!



 The Deception Pass Bridge, which links Fidalgo and Whidbey Islands.



 Some kayakers I spotted from the bridge.



 Now you see him...

 Now you don't!?!
I know this is part of the "fun"/logistics of the "sit-inside" kayaks, but it made me nervous watching this guy, and I can only imagine how nervous it might have been making him!!!  He did eventually get himself righted, but I'm sure the seconds were turning into hours up till then!!





1 comment:

  1. More fantastic scenery photos! Like the kayak set. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete