Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sept. 25 - The real incentive: Waterfowl Lake

We drove by this lake both coming and going, and it took my breath away both times!  I was so mad at myself for not driving down from Jasper to spend some time photographing it.  But it was such a long drive from Jasper, and there was so much to see closer in.  And I just forgot.  But I figured I had one last chance - to go back, and to spend one more day with the too-good-to-be-true turquoise and incredible mountain surroundings.  After all, who knows if or when I'll ever be back.  I do so hope that someday I'll get to see this special place again.

 I think there are multiple Waterfowl Lakes, but I only visited the one by the road.  









 One of my favorite photos from this day (and from this trip!).  

 Just outrageous that a place is allowed to be this beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just unreal.  I know these photos could never do the entire experience justice, but I hope they can give you at least a hint of it.

 The rainy day and low clouds might've been a bummer for everyone else, but they only added to the mystique for me!



Just unbelievable stuff.  I feel so blessed to have seen it in person.  And I recommend the same to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment