Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sept. 25 - Yoho: The way home

Last bit.  Last light.  I wish I may, I wish I might, savor this place till dark of night.

 I wish I could've spent more time in Yoho.  It really deserved much more than a drive-through.  But the day was not young at that point, and I just had to drive.

 I think this was the little town of Field.  Here is a pic of the town with passing train cars adding to the splash of color.

 The town with the Kicking Horse River in front.

 The town reflected in a pond.  



 Another pond with more autumn in it.

 Dramatic clouds and light.

 It was getting dark, and I couldn't afford to stop, but I had to grab a quick shot of this pretty little scene.

 What a back drop for one's cabin!

 Yoho was an interesting mix of railroad and trucker traffic and pretty wilderness.

It was really too dark for this picture - esp. with a moving object - and it came out a bit blurry, so I applied a photoshop filter to try and get away with it anyways (not really obvious unless you enlarge it - by clicking on it, and maybe not even then!  It's a pretty subtle treatment).

So there you have it - the last best part of our trip, in my opinion.  But don't go away yet!  There's more coming - not as wowee as this stuff was, but there are still good-looking cats and dogs to be constantly documented, and you never know what else we might come across together in the nearly two months of travels to go yet, and I intend to finish this thing!  So stick around!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment