Thursday, September 29, 2011

Still the 23rd - next bit: Apgar Lookout

 After that pretty sunrise, I moved onto the Apgar Lookout trailhead.  It was mostly a hike up through a burned (naked) forest.  There was a partial view of Lake McDonald at the top, but the light would've been better in the afternoon (but I chose early AM so it would be cooler!!).

Nice morning flowers!

 Get ready - lots of burned tree photos ahead!





 It was a great morning for a hike - partially cloudy, breezy, and cool!

 I think this is a pasque flower seedhead, but I'm not sure.  It's neato, whatever it is!

 The ridge of burned trees lit up.



 The view from the top.

Lake McDonald.

Larry & Kate!  One of the best parts of his hike was meeting this great couple from Ohio.  They were so nice to let me hike down with them and chat their ears off along the way!  (it was a fun surprise when we accidentally ran into each other again on a later hike!).

No comments:

Post a Comment