Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 4 - To Battle Mountain, NV


Today - Saturday - we got everything loaded up, said good-bye to buddies Karl & Peggy, and drove up to Reno and then over to Battle Mountain on the 80. Why Battle Mountain? Just because it's halfway to Salt Lake City, that's why! And while the scenery wasn't very exciting, it was at least new to both of us. At nearly 100 degrees and breezy, we just hunkered down in our RV once we arrived at our "Clark Park" campground and enjoyed the AC (even though it was only able to drop the inside temp down to 83!).

I'm excited because they had ONE spot left for the dates we wanted at the park I chose for our Tetons visit, and we snapped it up! Hope I chose right!! Because that stay will be for a whole week! I wanted to reserve the campgrounds near the national parks a little more ahead of time for fear there won't be any availabilities if I don't! Still have to try for a Yellowstone spot. Maybe tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment