Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 16 - Idaho Falls drive

On Saturday, I decided I needed to go into the bigger city of Idaho Falls for some stuff - dog chow and bear spray.  And yeah, maybe a few photos on the way back...!

Some of the incredibly pretty farmland.
 


Seems like an appropriate name for rural Idaho!

One thing there seems to be plenty of around here, esp. this year with all the tons of snow (and consequent flooding).  Everyone is watering everything - almost all the time.  Whether on huge acreages of barley, wheat, alfalfa, or potatoes, or one's little front yard, the ubiquitous sprinklers seem to never stop.
 
Ouray and Seneca check out the Snake River while the mosquitoes check out yours truly!  Boy, was I glad I had the pooches on leash - Ouray surprised me by just wading in and going swimming!  A few more feet out and he might've ended up a downstream dog!  Eeeek!!  Fortunately, I was able to reel him in before he went too far.  At his age and abilities now, I don't think he would fare well against a determined current!
 
Part of the Swan Valley area (between Victor and Idaho Falls).



It's always good to have company, especially someone who can chew your butt for you!

One of my favorite rural scenes on the way home.

A cool barn surrounded by lush grass and farmland.


No comments:

Post a Comment