Thursday, October 6, 2011

Aug. 29 - First half!

OK, I have to say here that even I am surprised I squeezed so much into some of these days!  When I look back at my file names, I think "oh, I must've put this under the wrong date.  I coudln't have done that TOO on this one day!"  But no, I did squeeze it all in!  It was a great, but tiring few days!

So here's another early start!  At the Wild Goose Island viewpoint (or what I like to call Wild Goose Chase viewpoint...for those sunrises that start looking good but then kind of crap out - hmmm, seen A LOT of those now!!!).

 Sure enough, things started to look good in that other photo, but then the clouds to the east blocked the light during the most critical pink moments.  And when the light came back, we were already past the pink phase.  But it was still a beautiful morning to be out in those surroundings!

Next stop was Baring Creek.  I had really loved the water and rock colors there but needed to return on a cloudy day.  So here was my day!





 Mmmm, just love those colors!!  It all looks like some of the prettiest jewelry to me!  Nature really knows how to do it, doesn't she?!!



And, still wanting to take advantage of both my little remaining time in Glacier and the cloudy morning, I also made a quick jaunt to St. Mary Falls.

Beautiful water color!!  And another advantage of these early mornings:  no one blocking the view or shaking the bridge my tripod might be standing on!

 OK, on with the marathon!!!  Please drive forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment