Thursday, October 6, 2011

Aug. 30 - On to Waterton...? yeah? no? maybe! sort of! Yes - but not yet.

Good Morning Glacier!  What?!!  Yes, it's true!  We had one more sunrise/early morning I could  squeeze out before heading for Waterton!  So...

 Before, I had stood at the Wild Goose (Chase) Island viewoint, looking west for my sunrise, and was kind of disappointed.  This time I drove on to another lookout point and looked east.  Less mountains to frame things, but more color!  Well, you decide...



 A bit later, I stopped for other photos and found these sheep practically next door!  (but again, not much light out yet...)



 OK, now here's the final Glacier stop - really.  The night before I had gone up the Hidden Lake Overlook trail, but it was too late/too dark.  So I wanted to try it one more time.  I kind of ended up too early this time, but at least there was some light on the Hidden Lake and Bearhat Mountain this time!

 Mt. Clements (and snowbanks) from part of the trail.

 Knock knock!  Who's there??





 Back on to the boardwalk part (remember?  gotta protect the marmot food!!!).  A few other early birds make their way up as I go down.

OK, is this gal eating the marmot's food?!  Or is she just eating grass?  Is that OK?  I don't know, better ask a park ranger.  I mean, is that according to script?!  Yeah?  OK, then, "Cut!"

No comments:

Post a Comment