Friday, October 14, 2011

Sept. 1 - The Prince of Wales Hotel





 Pretty flowers in front of the hotel.  I've seen purple monkshood growing wild in the Colorado Rockies, but I've never seen this color variation!



 The view of Upper Waterton Lake and mountains from one of their dining areas.  Sure was wishing for my tea party girls so we could do high tea there!  I just couldn't talk Bill into it - darn!

 Looking at the town of Waterton from the hotel.

 And Upper Waterton Lake from the hotel.

 Cute hotel, yeah?

 After I took Bill back to the RV, I drove around looking for those cute bears we had seen that first afternoon.  I went back on the Red Rocks Parkway but no mama and cubs.  Shoot!!!

 But on my way back to the RV, there was this guy - and guess where?  Yup, the visitors center.  Seems that a lot of critters in the various parks think that that's where THEY are supposed to visit!  He was out mowing the lawn, but he soon decided there were just too many of us OTHER visitors there for his comfort level...

OK, now for the comic relief...???  After listening to me whine countless times about how our central vacuum system just wasn't doing the job, Bill had done some research and found us a more promising vacuum cleaner (while we were still in Montana, back at the Kalispell Walmart).  Having a separate vacuum meant having to find the additional space to store it, but boy was it worth it!!!  You wouldn't believe all the dog hair and dirt it gets up each time - but esp. that first time!  Made it look like we'd never cleaned the RV before!!!  So at least now the 1 1/2 hrs I spend vacuuming actually accomplishes something!!!!!  If any of you pet owners is looking for a good dog hair picker-upper, I can highly recommend the Hoover PAWS!!!!  Another plus - no bags required!

No comments:

Post a Comment