Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sept. 12 - Moraine Lake

Based in Banff, it was time to start exploring this famously beautiful area.  I got a bit too late of a start for ideal photo conditions, but I decided I'd still better get out and not waste any of our time here!  So, on this day I visited Moraine and Peyto Lakes (no photos of Peyto here because I went back on another day and found much better photo conditions!).

Here's a shot of one of their super fancy wildlife bridges.  Maybe a bit over the top (pun intended!), but they DO have a lot of pretty fancy wildlife there, so...!?!

 Moraine Lake mid-day.  Yes, I pop the colors by using a polarizer, but the colors of these glacial lakes and rivers ARE extreme!  They ARE super turquoise, super green, and super blue!  They are amazing!!



The water color looks so unreal, you'd think these folks were floating in some weird acid pool or something!  All I can say is now you know why everyone wants to come to these places!!!  Surreal beauty. 



 And here's a photo of my mistake!  At one point, I took a wrong turn and ended up in Yoho National Park instead of being on the Icefield Parkway!  Oops!  And look at how different the water color is yet again in this, the Yoho River!

 A fire somewhere colored our skies that evening.

 A look at the Banff campground we stayed in - the Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court.  A full hook-up facility, it had a totally different layout, which I'll try to show a bit later on.  Some folks like it, some don't - we were fine with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment