Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sept. 13 - Around camp...

 While some of our days there became more sunny, they often started out cloudy and sometimes, VERY cold - so it was good to have a snuggling partner, and for Mommy to come drape another blankie over the furry babies!

 But when there are birds and squirrels around, who can stay in bed?!!!!

 Some really cute kids (who had a stuffed koala bear, and who immediately spotted Ouray in the driver's seat as soon as they arrived - what young eagle eyes!) across the way from us.  I was hoping we'd get a chance to introduce them and the critters, but it didn't happen before they left.  Too bad.  I'm sure they would've all been fast friends!

 More eagle eyes?  Yeah, maybe, but more like sleepy eyes if you ask me!

 Two-headed monster??!

 Scratty on a logpile.

 Tractor in a tree.

 So, let's see.  This all happened so long ago (almost two months now!  Good grief!!), I can't remember if I already said anything on-blog about the beginning of our repair adventures...?  I don't think so, so...  After a few days of fun explorations in the Banff area, our truck broke down.  It still ran but just barely - the engine not making sounds of reassuring strength or reliability at that point!  We rented a car and took the truck to a repair facility there in Banff.  Short story - they couldn't fix the truck.  However, at first we had hopes they could and so we ended up keeping the rental for longer, taking it with us to Jasper as well (but that meant for a shorter stay in what turned out to be my favorite place on our whole trip!!  Boo hoo!!!!), and leaving the truck at the repair shop.  So, meet our little rental car - the Ford Fiesta.  I ended up loving this little car!  It got me all over the place, at all hours, and with all my gear.  What can I say?  We bonded.  I sort of had a hard time returning it...

And here's a view of the campground layout.  They just have pull-outs along both sides of each road (and there are several lengths of road paralleling each other with forest in between).  Makes for easier entry/exit and hooking-up.  OK, just like that email that went around awhile ago (although MUCH easier!) - can you find the cat in this picture?   

No comments:

Post a Comment