Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sept. 19 - Pyramid Lake

 One of the peaks you see as you get closer to the town of Jasper, and one of the places I chose to usher in one of my few and precious days in Jasper.  Because I only had three days (plus one additional day that I squeezed in!) here, practically every minute was spoken for!  But it was so hard to choose when to be where - I could easily spend months here!!!

 Pyramid Lake and Pyramid Mountain, as morning slowly sets. 







 Another attraction this morning were the ever-present elk, making one of my new favorite sounds - bugling.  Sort of sounds like a squealing pig at full blast.  Here is one boy, bugling in the cold early air.  He is challenging a bigger, older elk, who you can see in the woods with his harem here: 

 This guy answers back.  He's NOT about to let this pipsqueak take over!  Not yet, not this year...!

 Out for a canoe ride...

Here comes the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment