Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sept. 19 again - Lac Beauvert & the Jasper Park Lodge

 In the late afternoon, I headed out for the Fairmont Jasper Lake Lodge, where my mom and her beau stayed on a tour.  On the way, I had to, of course, stop for this lovely sight!  (yes, The Athabaska yet again!)

 This has to be my favorite river in the whole world.  Just gorgeous!!!!

 The lodge is virtually surrounded by Lac Beauvert (which translates to something like beautiful green - yeah, I'll say!), another incredible lake.  But while this one also has magical colors, it is perfectly clear and doesn't look to have any of the glacial till of most of the other lakes in the area.





 The lodge also has an incredible golf course, which these geese are really enjoying.

 You can see the lodge in the distance.



 Part of the trail that goes all the way around Lac Beauvert.  It was neat walking a trail that I knew my mom was on just a few years before me!





 Goose Crossing!

 The lodge.

 This lodge is a bit different in that it has several smaller cabins and buildings that most people actually stay in. The main building is more for dining and shopping.

 One of the cute little "porches" along the lake's edge, provided by the hotel for lounging.

 Sunset is on its way.  Time to finish up and get back.

Good-bye (for now) Lac!

No comments:

Post a Comment