Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sept. 15 - Lake Louise - again!

When Bill and I visited Lake Louise the day before, I hadn't felt like I'd been able to do the lake justice with my photos.  The mid-day light had seemed too harsh.  So back I went the next day, trying for the sunrise look...

It seemed like a promising start (so many others...).

 But between the clouds to the east and the way the sun fell on and lit up (or didn't!) the different mountain faces, getting an evenly lit scene was impossible at first.

 But there were some nice spotlights.



 Chateau Lake Louise and boardwalk again, but this time with less crowding!  Amazing what an early hour and some cold will do!

 That pink lighting is gone, but at least now I can get all the mountains in the light.

 I hiked up a short trail to get to a higher lookout.



I took the slower side highway (1A) back to Banff.  This was one of the more scenic stops on the way.  The Bow River once more.

Later, I picked up Bill at the campground, and we took off to go see the Lake Minnewanka area in Banff.  Unfortunately, it was on our way there that our truck decided to have a spaz!  So we just turned around and limped our way to the repair shop.  Happy Birthday CarrieBearie!  (humph, what a birthday present!  Well the first part was good!)


No comments:

Post a Comment