Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sept. 20 - Down the Icefield Parkway

So after the sunrising, it was time to go down the Icefield Parkway, one last time for photo ops.

OK, guess which river???   Yup!







Getting closer to the Athabasca Glacier.

Just past/south of the glacier, going down one of the steep, long hills.  I had other photos of this with a completely different look, from when we were driving through the raining/snowing storm on our way to Jasper - but they are gone now...

After turning back, I stopped for some glacier photos - and autumnal Alaska-like landscape photos!

Just north of the glacier is a VERY long meadow/valley floor that is literally covered with these flowers.  I wish I could've seen them in bloom - vs. in seed, like now.  In this photo, there are just a few of these feathery flowers, but the field I speak of is liberally littered with them!  Must be quite a sight in summer!

The Athabasca Glacier.  And yes, I had a lot of other photos of this, with the cool storminess of the day (vs. this severe clear day!), from when we stopped enroute to Jasper, but alas, they appear to have gone the way of so many others...  I just don't know how that happened.  boo-hoo.

I had to stop by this cool, nameless pond in the middle of a gigantic orangey-pink rock pile.



These guys are really lichen life...!   (har-har...!)



The road home.

There's that lovely river again!  With lovely trees and other fall foliage.



No comments:

Post a Comment