Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sept. 18 - Superlative afternoon


 Come with us for a Fiesta!  This afternoon took us to the Miette Hot Springs, which is in northern Jasper.  Unfortunately, my photos of the hot springs themselves are some that got lost in my computer's death.  And there was such a cute photo of Bill in the pool...!  Ah well, c'est la vie.  But these were some of my favorite hot springs as they were surrounded by gorgeous forest views.  And they had a hot pool, a hotter pool, a cold pool, and a REALLY cold pool (for the polar bear types!).  Some of us weirdos would go from hot to cold to hot to cold - you know, just like little kids!  This was another place that I had remembered from my previous trip here, and it was great to revisit it and to introduce it to Bill!

 Looking back down the road going away from the hot springs.  You can see that awesome rock face, called Ashlar Ridge.

 Just a pretty spot with drama clouds on the way back.

 I think this is Talbot Lake and the Miette Range behind it.  What color!!!  This place is so outrageous!  Unworldly.  Otherworldly.

 Talbot Lake, with a different angle and not polarized, so the light just shines off the water's surface.

 Eh.  More ugly mountains...!  (heavy sarcasm!)

 This was a lake near Lake Talbot - at least I think it was a separate body of water.  But boy, when the light hit it right, it was bright green in places!!!  Crazy!  And it was super windy - thus the whitecaps!

 Look at these poor little trees, holding on for dear life!

 And this was weird - looked like a floodplain with just a few inches of water over most of it, but then there's this blue stripe of water running through it!  I don't know if that was just deeper and maybe with lighter dirt on the bottom??

 Another amazingly green lake!

 And I loved the stormy, moody mountain look.  More Alaska too!

And whoa!!!!  Have to make this one last stop (even if Billy was getting tired of stopping - and probably my little Fiesta was too!)!!  Just too pretty to pass up!  I think this was the Snaring River, and it sure snared me!

No comments:

Post a Comment