Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sept. 17 - Moving Day on the Icefield Parkway

 The day we were to move on to Jasper National Park was a bit stormy looking...

 And we had to drive separately.  Because we only had the rental car, and there was no tow connection on it.  So there will be lots of photos with our Tour in them - either in front, or behind!

 A big enough pull-out for both of us meant real photos of Bow Lake (versus the "drive'bys" you will see from this day!).

 And there's that fall color again.

 At Bow Summit we got snowed on!!

 Snow blowing across the road.  I started getting nervous that we would encounter ice on Icefield Parkway!  Bad enough in a car, but in a huge RV...?!!

 But then it cleared just a bit, enough for some sun to shine through even!

 Look at these mountains!  Wow!!

 A quick shot out the passenger window - the Saskatchewan River Crossing.  About this time, Bill and I were both simultaneously reminded of Alaska's grand landscapes.  Because of Bill's back problems, we had a late take-off and missed out on Alaska this year - or had we?!  This looked and felt a bit like that majestic land...

 And lookie here!!!!!  More fall colors!  Woo-hoo!

 These mountains make even our RV look small!

 And then...?  Back into the storm!  Nothing but darkness lay ahead...

 And then back into a lighter area, and more beautifully colored trees!

And...?  Back into the clouds and rain again!  And, believe it or not, more snow too!  But while there were still many miles and a couple more hours to go, this is where I have to leave off.  Because recently my computer died, and while I thought I'd copied off all my photos to my external hard drives in time,...I hadn't.  Not all of them, apparently.  I've looked and looked for the missing photos, but they must just be gone.  Very sad.  I have the memories in my mind, but it's just not the same, esp. for those of us who treasure the visuals!!!!
Oh well.  RIP little pictures...   :(

No comments:

Post a Comment