Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sept. 14 - Peyto & Lake Louise

 A stop along the route to Lake Louise.  I'm not sure, but this may be the Bow River again.

 Bill and I (and a bunch of other tourists!) got an unexpected treat - a black bear sighting, RIGHT by the road!  Thankfully, despite all us gawkers within just yards of him (some in our cars, some right next to the cars), he was 100% focused on browsing to fill his belly.  He had a collar - not sure if that meant he had been a problem bear at some point or if they were just tracking him for other, general reasons.  He certainly wasn't acting like a problem bear on this day!

 OK.  Here's the prettiest, most stunning lake view I've ever seen.  Peyto (pronounced Peetoh) Lake on a perfect day.  And yes, the water REALLY is that color/opacity!!!!

 Bow Lake, with a little fall color.



 A section of Bow Lake with shadow and light.  Man, the color just floors me!!!!  (and it doesn't hurt that blue is my favorite color - this place really caters to me, doesn't it?!)

 Herbert Lake.

 One of the sillier, much less worthwhile, waste of money things Bill and I did on this trip was the Lake Louise gondola!  The view of the lake is VERY distant, and on top of that, it was a VERY hazy day - yuck!  And, unlike so many other folks, we did NOT get to see any bears going up or down!  :(   I did screw up my knee though...  (thank goodness that cleared up in a day or so - but it sure scared me!)


 Lake Louise and surrounding mountains - if you can see them through the mucky air!


 The famous Lake Louise.

 Lots of canoers.

 There were various photos and captions along the Lake Louise boardwalk lining one side of the lake.  I had to laugh at this blurb - sounds just like people, doesn't it?!!  Someone dies doing something, so then a whole lot of other people have to try it!?!

 The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (and the boardwalk).

 Some more of that unreal water!

 Just before sunset, I dropped Bill off at the campground and then went back to the Vermilion Lakes.  Here is Mt. Rundle, mostly reflected in one of them.

Mt. Rundle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment